Welcome to Monday Matters– Spread awareness to help important causes and start your week off right by making a difference each Monday, even if that is just to pin, tweet, or share to pass this information on.
Polaris is working to stamp out human trafficking
“Polaris is a leader in the global fight to eradicate modern slavery. Named after the North Star that guided slaves to freedom in the U.S., Polaris systematically disrupts the human trafficking networks that rob human beings of their lives and their freedom. Our comprehensive model puts victims at the center – helping survivors restore their freedom, preventing more victims, and leveraging data and technology to pursue traffickers wherever they operate.” Polarisproject.org
How does Polaris make changes?
- Polaris has been actively involved in drafting or leading advocacy efforts around more than 127 anti-trafficking bills at the state and federal level.
- They have trained thousands of service providers, law enforcement and corporate leaders on how to identify and stop trafficking.
- Polaris has reported more than 6,300 cases of human trafficking cases identified through the National Human Trafficking Resource Center hotline and BeFree Textline.
- Their fellowship programs teach leaders of tomorrow how to combat the issues of human trafficking.
There are many ways you can get involved
- Sign up for the Polaris newsletter to get notices of actions to take, petitions to sign, tweets and other communications to help bills get signed.
- Partner your business to support
- Join the Fellowship Program
- Take Action
If you suspect trafficking contact immediately: